What We Treat
Colorectal Surgeons deal primarily with disorders of the rectum, anus, and colon. Formerly called proctologists, the field has been renamed to allow people to better understand the diseases treated.
What do we do?
We provide safe, effective patient-centered treatments for the following conditions:
- Unnatural cracks or tears in the anus (Anal fissures)
- Anal cancer (rare)
- Cancer of the colon and rectum (Colorectal cancer)
- Colonoscopy and removal of polyps
- Varicosities or swelling, and inflammation of veins in the rectum and anus (Hemorrhoids)
- Abnormal connections or passageways between the rectum or other anorectal area to the skin surface (Fistulas)
- Severe constipation conditions
- Protrusion of the walls of the rectum through the anus (Rectal prolapse)
- Rectovaginal Fistulas
- Treatment of severe colic disorders, such as Crohn's disease
- Repositioning of the rectal area if fallen out.
- Any injuries to the anus
- Removal of objects inserted into the anus
We can evaluate issues with:
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Fecal Incontinence
If you have any concerns, call for an appointment: (860) 826-3880